(Check out comments and make an appointment below)
Spiritual direction provides guidance in your walk with God, whether you are just beginning your journey or have been feeling stuck. Spiritual direction offers you step by step advice that you can follow to improve your spiritual walk and gives you encouragement and support from someone who has experienced the spiritual life.
Spiritual Direction Is…
- A centuries old practice of meeting with a trained guide
- A way to understanding
- where God is in your life
- how God is speaking to you
- Learning spiritual practices that bring you closer to God
- Methods of prayer
- Ways to read the Bible
- Other safe spiritual practices
A Spiritual Director Is…
- A Trained Guide who listens to where you are and helps you deepen your spirituality.
- A Person who has been seminary trained
- 15+ years of experience in the local church and
- Apprenticed in the art of spiritual direction
- A person who practices the spiritual disciplines in their own life
- A person dedicated to taking care of you
How does Spiritual Direction Take Place?
SKYPE: (SKYPE ID: myspiritualadvisor.com). Make an appointment and someone will contact you to set this up. You will need an internet connection and a web camera.
Face to Face: at our offices in Munster, IN. We suggest only those who live within a 1.5 hour drive take advantage of this.
Phone: When web cams and live visits are not possible we will schedule an appointment to talk on the phone. (219) 595-2363
Email: When internet is available, but telephone, face to face visits, and SKYPE are not possible, we will allow email interaction. This is not preferred. You may contact us to see if this is a possibility at [email protected]
What are the Benefits of Spiritual Direction?
- Recognizing God’s presence/action in your life.
- Living a fully integrated life, spirituality and physically.
- Making choices based upon your newly integrated faith.
- Having a friend to share the joys, concerns and hopes of life.
- Developing a sensitivity for others, especially the poor and outcast.
- Embracing your spiritual affiliation with joy, intensity and integrity.
History, Confidentiality, Odds & Ends
My Spiritual Advisor has been offering “Spiritual Advice” in person, over the internet and by email since 2002. We have given spiritual advice to people on four continents and twelve countries. In 2006, we began to offer spiritual direction via telephone and Skype (c) We are available through Skype at “myspiritualadvisor.com”.
We reserve the right to request the city and state, or country, province and city in which the person lives to connect them with a spiritual director who is near and in case there is an emergency.
All conversations via email, by telephone or over the internet are strictly confidential and are held within the confines of the Guidelines of Spiritual Directors International, the Canonical imperative of the Internal Forum for Catholics, and under the strictest ethical guidelines of confidentiality for other Christian denominations and others. This means that all conversations in Spiritual Direction are held in the strictest confidence. Your contact information will not be sold to a third party or given to anyone.
Spiritual Direction is on a donation basis. There is a usual and customary request based upon world geography. It is the custom that the person who receives spiritual direction on a monthly basis or every other week make a donation for this service of the Church. In the United States, My Spiritual Advisor, Inc. is a 501c3 tax exempt organization and all donations are tax deductible. It is also customary that the donation be on the basis of ability of the person to give a donation and no one will be turned away.
Make an Appointment for Free Trial Now